19 April 2012

Modern Expression 2 Workshop with Verdiano Marzi

I'm taking the 6-day Modern Expression II workshop at the Chicago Mosaic School with Verdiano Marzi. We're three days into it and it's been absolutely amazing. Verdiano is a powerful teacher. Matteo Randi is translating for Verdiano this time. Last year I took the Modern Expression I workshop and it transformed my practice... I feel like this workshop is going to result in an even greater understanding of mosaic and what I can do as an artist.

Just wanted to post a few photos of yesterday's and today's mosaic work. I'm working in petrified wood, travertine (a type of limestone), marble and glass, along with some assorted undefined rocks that I've collected here and there.

At the end of the day yesterday:



Today's progress:



Verdiano likes all that I've done so far, except for one small area. He said we'd talk about it tomorrow...

2 comments:

Jennifer B-R said...

This piece is wonderful! I should love to take this workshop because I revere Marzi's work. Maybe next year! Meanwhile, I look forward to seeing how your mosaic progresses ...

Danette said...

I was going to take Verdiano's Modern Mosaic class but had to cancel. I like what you have done with the mosaic and would love to hear more about the class and see additional pictures. Thanks for posting since I've been searching the net for any info about the class. Daentte