21 April 2008

Anarchist

Abelisto & I have been talking about anarchy and anarchists. I believe I am an anarchist, but I have not figured out which type of anarchist I am.

I am not an advocate of chaos. That is not what anarchy really is.

I believe in local decision-making and locally based power. I believe that setting up permanent hierarchies, creating the opportunity for career politicians, leads to abuses of power and a strengthening of the systems that keep those in power in power.

I think that local decisions, local empowerment, local sustainability, is key to the health and well-being of our planet and ourselves. I think that only when issues and situations are too large for local efforts should the decisions be made at a regional or national level. And even then it should be a coalition of the local groups affected.

***************************************************************************************************************

No comments: