25 November 2012

Pablo Picasso Month - Day 25

Late. Sorry. Was on the road and too busy with family to post. That's okay. Family is important.

Why do we have the uncomfortable urge to create?
Painting is stronger than me, it makes me do it's bidding.
~ Pablo Picasso
I'm not very good at just being... I have to make. It's not too Zen (whatever that is), I know. But it is what it is and I am what I am. Driven. To. Make.

As a kid I made contraptions (probably would now be called found object art or mixed media art) – three-dimensional constructions that sometimes spanned rooms (yes, plural – rooms) in our house. I built things outdoors (mostly in the trees). I mixed concoctions out of everything in the kitchen.

As an adult I still make things. And it's only been in the darkness of depression that I didn't make things.

So I'll keep making things. It makes me happy.



Why Pablo Picasso Month?

No comments: