07 November 2012

Pablo Picasso Month - Day 7

It's important to work on my practice everyday - to be in the studio, or drawing, or reading/writing about art, or engaging in meaningful discussions about art.
Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working.
~ Pablo Picasso
It's too easy to let inertia rule. It's too easy to tell myself I need to do the laundry/dishes/vacuuming/whatever before I go into the studio.

And it's a slippery slope... all that procrastination takes on a life of its own really quickly. And then we find ourselves in the creative doldrums...

So I try to do work daily, because I know how easy it is to find myself sitting on the sidelines of my own practice, wondering if I'm ever going to feel the quickening of inspiration again.




Why Pablo Picasso Month?

No comments: